Entries close Friday January 25th 2013
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Some Specials and Sponsorships are not in the schedule but will be in the catalogue and presented with show prize monies
|Wool||10.00am||Warmblood Horses||8.00am||Highland Cattle||9.00am|
|Produce||10.00am||Led Classes||8.00am||Dairy Cattle||9.00am|
|Horse & Pony Jumping unregistered||10.00am||Ponies|
|Round the Ring||11.00am||Hacks Hunters||8.00am||Goats||9.00am|
|N Z E F||12.00 noon||Sheep||9.00am||Collie Dogs||11.00am|
|Champion Meat Breed||11.00am|
|Jumping will take place in order of height of jumps||Champion Wool Breed||11.30am||Pet Calves||11.00am|
|HOME INDUSTRIES OPENS 1PM||Donkeys||9.30am|
|Harness Horse||11.00am||Pony Trots||11.30am|
|Fulton Memorial||12.00 noon|
|N.O. Championship jump followed by barrel race and high jump|
(All competitors must compete in grand parade)
QUICK LINK TO CATEGORIES:
All members of the Association shall be admitted to all Exhibitions or Shows free of charge; non-members to pay the fee determined by the Committee.
The ages of Stock exhibited shall be reckoned from the following dates:
Horses, 1st August; Cattle, 1st June; Sheep, 1st August.
PARKING: All vehicles must be parked at grounds to Association parking stewards requirements.
Exhibitors please show more consideration in parking vehicles.
Any exhibits to have the Catalogue Number ONLY attached.
Any Exhibit entering the ring with an Award Ticket attached is liable to be disqualified.
Judging of all classes will commence as shown on relevant Subsequent pages.
1. No exhibit, unless other wise expected, to be removed from the Ground before 4pm on the day of the Show (Produce 4.00pm) with a special order from the secretary.
2. All entries to be made in writing or on printed forms of the association, to be obtained from the Secretary, to be signed by the Exhibitor, or by some person authorised on his behalf, and accompanied with the Entrance Fees. The name and residence of the Exhibitor and Breeder; of sheep, the time when lambed and shorn; of young Horses and Cattle, the date of birth, together with their pedigree, as far as known, must be given to the secretary at time of entry. Exhibitors to give name and colour livestock exhibits.
3. All Exhibits must be the Bona Fide property of the Exhibitor, and all exhibits of Fat Sheep and Fat Lambs must be the Bona Fide property of the Exhibitor for at least one month prior to the show. Any Exhibitor infringing this regulation, being a prize taker, shall forfeit all his prizes won at this Show. YFC members participating in classes shall not be bound by this regulation.
4. No animal shall be allowed to compete in more than four sections, except for Champion, Special, Progeny Prizes, or animals taking part in competitions. Cows and heifers bred by exhibitors, Milk Cow and cow with Two Progeny. No sheep allowed to compete in more than one section, except for Champion and Private Prizes. Tying the wool round the throats of sheep is prohibited. Any sheep so treated will be disqualified and prizes won will be forfeited.
5. All Exhibits must be on the Showgrounds and available for judging at all times stated on the Programme. All horses must be haltered and led. At least one person must be in attendance with each lot of cattle. All bulls born before 31st December last to be led by a ring through the nose and must be under adequate supervision.
6. Pony Trots: To be eligible, ponies must be entered in at least one class at the Show. The riders must be under 17 years.
7. In the event of ties for any prize, the winner of the largest number of First Prize stakes precedence and should this fail to decide, then the greatest number of Second Prizes. The points of Prizes will count as follows:- First prize, three (3) points, Second prize, two (2) points; Third prize one (1) point. A Third Prize will be allotted when shown in the class only half prize money shall be paid.
8. The Judges shall have power to withhold any prizes in any of the sections if they consider the exhibit not of sufficient merit.
9. Instead of a money prize, Champions in all classes will be awarded the associations Ribbon and Ticket, and a Reserve Champion Ticket and Ribbon may also be given.
10. All implements shall be arranged on the ground under the direction of the Stewards.
11. All protests must be in writing, and may be entered either before or after the Judges have proceeded to their duties. The party entering a protest in Horse, Cattle and Sheep must deposit $25 and in any other Class $15. The deposit will be returned if the protest is sustained. In all cases of protest, the onus of proof to be with the person protesting. No protest will be received later than seven (7) days after the Show terminates. The Committee, whose decision shall be final, will decide all protests as soon as practicable.
12. The Stewards in the various Classes are enjoined and empowered to prevent any person interfering with the Judges during adjudication: and no Exhibitor or other person (other than the Judges, Stewards and Secretary) will be permitted to go inside the ring while the Cattle and Horses are being judged - except in such cases as the Stewards may deem necessary. NO steward shall be allowed to act in any Class in which he may be interested. Nothing in this Regulation shall be deemed to prevent an owner leading his own stock in the ring.
13. Marshalls shall have charge of the respective Sections allotted to them and shall be responsible for the careful arrangement of the Sections under their charge and for bringing all Exhibits promptly forward for judging.
14. All exhibits shall be the sole risk of the owner or exhibitor and the Association shall not, under any circumstances, be responsible for loss, damage, miss delivery, detention or delay of any exhibits of any description whatever.
15. Members, on presentation of their cards, will be admitted free to all Exhibitions of the Association.
16. No entry will be received unless subject to regulations of the Committee and any Exhibitor infringing any regulations of the Committee shall pay a penalty not exceeding twenty five dollars.
17. All Prizes not claimed within six months after the date of the Show will be forfeited.
18. Any Exhibitor or any Person in any way interfering With or using improper language to the Judges, or any Officer of the Society, in or as to, the execution of their duty, or being disqualified from exhibiting at future Shows of the Society, and as an Exhibitor at this Show, will forfeit all prizes he or they have won.
19. Should any person or firm deliberately infringe any of the rules or regulations of the Society, or refuse to comply with request of the Committee, they shall have power to suspend such person or firm from exhibiting at the Annual Show during such period as they may think fit.
20. All persons admitted to the Show Grounds shall be subject to the rules and orders of the Committee, and in the event of misbehaviour on the part of anyone attending the show, such persons may be removed from the Show Grounds by order of the Committee or any three members hereof.
21. The Stewards in Jumping Events are empowered to change the order of competitors if deemed advisable to do so.
22. No animal or its attendant shall have an Initial Crest or Mark of ownership on its Rug, Harness, Pail, or any other fittings, eg Halters, Show Coats or Hats, except equine competitions.
23. Any alteration in or to the foregoing Regulations must be made at a meeting of the Association, at which not less than 10 members shall be present and that previous notice of motion must be given to members.
Details of fees will be found under the respective classes.
No entrance fees required for Champions.
Extra Live Stock not admissible under any of the enumerated classes may be exhibited by paying the same entrance fee as in the class for which they are most closely allied, and may be awarded on honorary certificate for particular merit or excellent.
The Committee will in NO CASE consider any entry VALID unless the Fee be paid at the time of entry.
Management Committee reserves the right to change programme.
No Late Entries will be accepted. NO ADULT EXHIBITORS PASS issued unless entry fees $5.00 or more.